When Grizzl-E Smart experiences an error, the indicator light will flash Red, and a beeping sound can be heard.
Grizzl-E Smart will flash and beep a certain number of times before pausing and resetting the cycle. The number of flashes and beeps indicates which type of error Grizzl-E is experiencing.
|# of Flashes
|Lost ground - AC Line1
|GFCI High Leakage
|Relay is stuck
|GFCI Low Leakage
|High temperature of the module
|High temperature of the relay
|Pilot state is Status E
|Pilot state is Status F
If the charger is not able to auto-recover, it is recommended to perform a reset:
- Count the number of flashes to identify the error type.
- Unplug the charging Connector from your EV.
- Turn off the power to the Charging Station by switching the upstream circuit breaker to the “OFF” position or by unplugging the charger.
- Wait 1-2 minutes and then restore power to the charger by switching the upstream circuit breaker back to the “ON” position or plugging the charger back in.
- Confirm the Fault light is no longer present.
- If the Fault light remains, please contact United Chargers. Fill out the Technical Support Form. Indicate the number of red flashes.
If you are experiencing 1 Red flash see: 1 Red Flash Lost ground - AC Line 1