In certain cases you will need to reset the Wi-Fi connection on your Grizzl-E Smart Charger:
- If the Grizzl-E Smart has lost the Wi-Fi connection, it cannot reestablish the connection, and the network UC_Smart_[ChargerSerial#] is no longer visible.
- If your Wi-Fi credentials have changed, i.e. your network name has changed, or you want to move the charger to a new Wi-Fi network.
- If you want to move to a new OCPP software.
Reset Wi-Fi Using the Following Procedure:
- Unplug the Charging Station.
- Remove the front cover by removing the 4 screws at each corner of the charging station.
- With the front cover placed to the side, locate the DIP switch on the charging station circuit
board. The DIP switch is a 4-position switch on the main circuit board, located directly to
the left of the LED.
- Move DIP Switch #1 to the down position. This applies to 40A, 32A, 24A amperage
settings. For 16A, set DIP #2 to the up position to set the charger to 20A before proceeding.
- Plug the Charger back in. Wait 2 Minutes. Ensure the indicator light is Blue/Magenta alternating with a 1-second frequency.
- Unplug the Charger again.
- Set the DIP switch back to the original position.
- Plug the charger in. The Charger will display a Blue/Magenta alternating indicator light.
- Follow the instructions from Chapter 8. Set Up Smart Functionality on page 22 to
reconnect to your Wi-Fi network and OCPP Network.
- Replace the enclosure lid by tightening the 4 screws at each corner.