If the charger is not connecting to the network ensure the following:
- Ensure network frequency is 2.4ghz.
- Ensure that signal strength is adequate.
- Ensure Wi-Fi Password is correct.
- Check if Network Filters/Firewalls are blocking charger communication
2.4 GHz band Wi-Fi Network:
Grizzl-E Smart only connects to a 2.4ghz Wi-Fi frequency. Ensure your network has a
dedicated 2.4ghz Wi-Fi band with its own SSID.
Before connecting Grizzl-E Smart, check the network frequency in network properties on your
PC or Android.
For Dual Band 2.4ghz/5ghz Routers do one of the following:
- Create a separate SSID for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks. For example, network_name_2.4G
- On Routers that have the ability, turn off the 5G band and connect to the 2.4ghz band.
- Install a 2.4ghz Wi-Fi extender with a separate extension network for the charger.
Ensure a Wi-Fi signal strength of −67 dBm or greater where the charger is located.
Check your location’s Wi-Fi signal strength to ensure a quality EV charging experience. There
are many third-party mobile apps available for testing Wi-Fi signal strength.
For locations that don’t have a sufficiently strong Wi-Fi signal, consider changes to improve
- The simplest solution is to move the Wi-Fi router as close to your EV charger as possible.
- Wi-Fi repeaters or extenders can boost the signal of existing access points.
- Multiple access points may be required to provide network coverage.
Ensure the Wi-Fi Password entered matches the Wi-Fi network settings exactly. Grizzl-E Smart
will recycle the connection if password information is incorrect.
The password limit for the Grizzl-E Smart is 38 characters. Grizzl-E Smart will not connect to
Wi-Fi networks with passwords longer than this limit.
Some firewalls may prevent or disrupt charger communications
- Check the blocked clients list in your router settings to see if a Network Filter is blocking the
- Grizzl-E Smart. Follow the directions for your router to access the list of blocked clients.
- Grizzl-E will appear on the client list as esp32-arduino.
Please sign in to leave a comment.